Tomorrow morning automotive industry professionals from around the world will arrive in Tampa, FL for the 18th Digital Dealer Conference. Whether it's your first time at the conference or your 18th, the following tips and reminders can help you make the most of your time.
- Pace Yourself: Digital Dealer is a marathon, not a sprint. You might feel like you need to take it all in on day one, but relax and settle in for a great multi-day experience. Make a point to learn something new, engage with someone you've never met, and visit at least one vendor you've never heard of each day.
- Change it Up: While some of us might feel inclined to visit and attend sessions that either fit your specific role or those that answer a specific need in your organization, try to attend a couple sessions that have content you normally wouldn't seek out. Variety IS the spice of life after all.
- Peruse the Tech: Digital Dealer 18 will feature one of the largest offerings of new and innovative technologies in the exhibit hall. While many of us sell for a living and can be wary of being pitched, it's always worth a listen to pick up new ways to give your business an edge.
- Ask the Stupid Questions: There is no such thing as a stupid question! Whether it's during a session or while walking to dinner, Digital Dealer is a "safe place" where all of us come to learn and help one another. Your biggest regret will be the question you didn't want to ask.
- Socialize! With thousands of industry professionals, amazing speakers, and peers from every role and organization size possible, do your best to meet as many new people as possible. I've met some of my most valued friends and colleagues at Digital Dealer. Also, make sure to creep on the #DD18 hashtag and engage/meet attendees in the digital space too.
- Have Fun! While you're in Tampa, adopt the "Learn Hard, Play Hard" mentality. You can go to bed early and sleep when you get home! Take the time to have dinner with new friends, check out some of the vendor parties, and make sure you're your squeezing every drop out of an amazing experience. You owe it to yourself and your employer to give it 100%.
These tips are just the tip of the iceberg. Leave your own ideas down in the comments section!